This is me, suffering while cycling up Buttertubs, in Yorkshire!

This is me, suffering while cycling up Buttertubs, in Yorkshire!

Sunday, August 25, 2013

London to Brussels Update

I've stopped training now, I did my last ride yesterday: a 1 hour, 25km time trial. Not much climbing in it, so I had chance to ride at speeds well over 30km for almost all of it (over 40kmph at times). I slowed down for the last third though so average speed was only 23kmph.

I'm planning to start hydrating myself this week and eating loads of carbs and proteins. Then on Wednesday night I make the journey down to London to get ready for the 7am start on Thursday morning.

So far so good. I'm feeling nervously excited about the event. It's the furthest ride I'll ever have done in total miles (240), and also each of the 3 days will be between the 75 and 80 mile mark, which are also the longest rides I'll have done. 

Looking forward to it? Hell yeah :-)

More updates to follow this week and hopefully some photos too.

Oh yes, and I have hit my donations target too!

No comments:

Post a Comment