This is me, suffering while cycling up Buttertubs, in Yorkshire!

This is me, suffering while cycling up Buttertubs, in Yorkshire!

Monday, August 19, 2013

Bike Restoration

I have a yearning to buy an old road bike and restore it to its former glory. Possibly so I can ride it as an alternate, maybe to sell-on for a (hopefully not too) small profit, not made up my mind yet.

I've been checking out eBay and various auction sites and vintage bike sites to see what is available, and so far I've seen a few that have my interest. My mind is not yet settled on a 1940 BSA Road Bike / rust bucket that needs tonnes of work and would be a real labour of love......

....or one of many circa 1982 Raleigh bikes that need a bit of care and attention and a few authentic original parts adding to make them like new. (well, maybe more than a few!!)

Or to the opposite end of the extreme, whether I should have a go at making my own lug frame and really starting from scratch!!!! Haha, nice thought but somehow I don't think so!!!

Food for thought, will keep you posted....

Which one would you go for??

No comments:

Post a Comment