This is me, suffering while cycling up Buttertubs, in Yorkshire!

This is me, suffering while cycling up Buttertubs, in Yorkshire!

Monday, August 19, 2013

About this blog

If you don't like cycling or bikes then you'll be bored by this blog, because that's all I intend to talk about on here! This is my blog for anything bike related that I have in my mind and don't want to forget about, or a project I am planning, or, well, anything remotely to do with cycling in general!

The Roubaix in the title of this blog refers to my main bike: the 2013 Specialized Roubaix Compact Sport, carbon fibre, 9kg beauty that is otherwise known (by me) as "The Beast!!  This is the velo that has helped me go from overweight 14 stone couch potato to streamlined 12 stone endurance athlete! It is the machine on which I rode my first ever Sportive (around parts of the 2013 Tour de France opening 2 stages no less), the steed that has taken me up gradually steeper and steeper climbs in my quest to become a "proper" cyclist, and the place that my arse will call home as I ride from London to Brussels in September 2013, and hopefully also up Mt Ventoux or Alp D'Huez in 2014/15.

No comments:

Post a Comment