This is me, suffering while cycling up Buttertubs, in Yorkshire!

This is me, suffering while cycling up Buttertubs, in Yorkshire!

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Life is what you make of it

This blog is not entirely about cycling, but it's my blog after all so I am allowing myself this one post which is partially off topic! Bear with me!

I have various interests in my life, some of them business, some of them personal. Cycling is my release that keeps me in shape, fit and healthy and crosses both my personal and business life. Being self employed I have a number of disparate business ventures I am working on or involved with. One main one which pays the bills and pays for my sons new cricket whites, or my daughters ballet lessons, and a few personal passions which I hope one day will become revenue generating businesses in their own right. 

I have an entrepreneurial mind which prevents me from standing still and settling for a 9-5 office job and no more, so while I am out cycling I often find myself thinking about business ideas! Some of them may go nowhere, most of them are bugger all to do with cycling, but all of them help keep my mind active while at the same time taking my mind of the pain my legs are enduring! 

If you're interested in my business ventures I can bore you with my plans for hours. My mate the bike geek and myself often spend hours on the road swapping tales of our various plans and ideas, it's what keeps life interesting. Right?

I am very happy with my lot, don't get me wrong. I don't get on the bike as often as I would like right now, but I do try and manage 2 or 3 rides a week totalling 100km or more as my staple. Any more is a bonus at the moment and will hopefully be increased in the summer as I get closer to the 193 km stage one tdf ride I'm doing for Alzheimer's in July. Work wise, I am very lucky. My cycling keeps me fit but also helps keep the stresses of work at bay, which allows me to be mentally active from before dawn to well into the evening every day. My cycling has knocked 2 hours of my sleep, I've said that before. I use the time getting up early to either go for a bike ride, naturally, or if not then I am working on some business idea or other. More on that to come I hope.

Some words of wisdom I've picked up or been told along the way - life is what you make of it, don't settle, be happy, ride your bike as much as poss, eat healthy, drink plenty of water, be mindful of what is right in front of you, don't lose sight of where you are right now at the expense of what you might want to achieve in the future. 

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment