This is me, suffering while cycling up Buttertubs, in Yorkshire!

This is me, suffering while cycling up Buttertubs, in Yorkshire!

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

My holy grail right now

have a 27km loop I do when I only have an hour or so to ride. It takes in the half mile long, 19% (at its peak) Kearby cliff that I keep going on about. It's not long or arduous in relative terms, but on a quick hour loop it's a nice leg burner for a few minutes half way round and for that reason I enjoy the challenge. Also mentally, it helps me elsewhere when I hit a 14% or a 16% climb, knowing that I have ridden steeper on my staple hour loop. Anyway, when I started riding this loop about 6 or 8 months ago I did the 27km in about 1 hour 15 mins. I've since got it down to 1 hour 3 mins, and as the subject of this blog suggests, my holy grail is to get sub 1 hour.

I've done a few 1 hour 5 and some 1 hour 7's since, but those last few minutes being knocked off my time are alluding me thus far. I know the areas where I can knock time off my ride, but somehow when I am there on the road at the time, I give it full gas and still end up a few minutes outside the target. 

Being able to climb at speed, out of the saddle up steep hills is something I dont have in my arsenal and I've written about this before. I think I need to finally crack this once and for all if I am going to go sub 1 hour.

I'll keep you posted, hoping to give it another crack tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment