This is me, suffering while cycling up Buttertubs, in Yorkshire!

This is me, suffering while cycling up Buttertubs, in Yorkshire!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Can't ride, still training!

Another week till I'm back on the bike, you don't want to know why! Suffice to say it's doing my head in and I am beyond itchy to ride. My new gore ride wear is hung nicely in the wardrobe, bike is freshly clean, cycling shoes at the ready, the only thing I need now is time. Roll on next week!

In my downtime therefore I am doing what I can, which pretty much just involves core work. Lots of planks, kettle bell squats, leg raises and so on. If I can't feel the burn on my legs from riding up 19%, I'm sure as hell going to feel the burn in my abs from some core work.

It's all a means to an end, all training for Le tour Alzheimer's on 20 July, so all good. Even if I am frustrated as hell seeing all the cyclists I follow on twitter going out for rides, and the sun outside and lighter mornings beckoning me to join them on the road.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment